- Bike storage facilities
- Cafe / restaurant
- Easily accessible without car
- Facilities for children
- Free parking
- Mostly wheelchair accessible
- Picnic area
This unique nineteenth-century artists’ village comprises historic and contemporary galleries, a chapel, grounds, and Limnerslease, the Watts’ own house.
Watts Gallery including Limnerslease
- Open daily: 10.30am – 4pm, including Bank Holidays. Pre-booking online is recommended.
Watts Chapel & Cemetery
- Monday to Friday: 9am – 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 4pm
- Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Includes the Visitor Centre, the Shop and Watts Contemporary Gallery
- Open daily: 10am – 5pm, including Bank Holidays. (No pre-booking required)
- Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day
- Open New Year’s Eve (closing at 4pm)
Please note: The information on the Historic Houses website is advisory, but please always check the website of the house or garden you intend to visit before travelling.
Historic Houses members may visit the entire site – Limnerslease and the surrounding village, grounds, chapel, and galleries, for free.
- Adults: £13.50 (£14.95 with a donation for Gift Aid)
- Students/under 25s: £6.75 (£7.45 with a donation for Gift Aid)
- Under 18s: free
- Essential carers go free when accompanying the person they care for.
Whether your group wants an overview of the collection, has a special area of interest or wishes to explore a particular exhibition, we can provide a wide range of tours and talks to meet your requirements.
Groups of 8 or more people save on admission prices and also get a discount in our shop. A variety of catering options are also available from our award-winning Tea Shop.
Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village provides an inspirational backdrop for students to explore a range of subjects linked to the national curriculum and post-14 exam courses.
Explore woodlands and heritage buildings, discover hundreds of Victorian paintings, sculptures, and contemporary art and visit the
Grade I listed Arts & Crafts Chapel. Take a free self-guided tour or inspire students with brilliant activities led by our creative learning team.
Kara Wescombe Blackman
Become a Historic Houses member
Explore the nation’s heritage from just £59 per year.
Hundreds of the most beautiful historic houses, castles, and gardens across Britain offer our members free entry.
Receive a quarterly magazine exploring the architecture, collections, and family histories of our grandest and oldest homes, and get an insight into what it takes to keep them standing today.
Enjoy monthly online lectures about the houses and their extraordinary history, presented by experts including house owners, curators and guest lecturers.