Medieval and Elizabethan house lived in by the Acland Hood family for 800 years.
Fairfield, Stogursey, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1PU
A house has existed on the site since 1167 owned by Godislan of Fairfield, and looked after by descendants since then.
Most of the current house was built completed in 1589 under the ownership of William Palmer and Elizabeth Verney. There were some later additions in the late 18th century including a kitchen and passage at the back of the house. There have been few structural alterations since.