An ancient castle set within a landscaped walled garden and the Moray countryside.
Elgin, Moray, IV30 8NG
It was the Innes family estate until 1767 when Sir James Innes sold it to the 2nd Earl of Fife, James Duff. Then, our vast parkland was brought to life with the planting of a cornucopia of fir, ash, oak, beech and birch trees from all over the world including the rare Chinese Dove Tree and the very rare Virginia Camelia that still lend their mature refinement to the estate today.
Francis and Annie Tennant purchased the house at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Francis, youngest son of the 1st Lord Glenconner who was one of the progressive Scottish industrialists of the nineteenth century.
In 1916, Frank and Annie’s youngest son, Mark, was killed at The Battle of the Somme. To honour him, a rose garden was laid outside the East Wall over which our marquee is erected.
After being an RAF mess during WWII, and RAF accommodation thereafter, the house was then completely refurbished by Mark and Hermione Tennant in 1997. They created the current magical setting where many a romantic wedding has been held.
The current estate owners, Edward and Zoë Tennant, are the fifth generation of the Tennant family to take custody of Innes House and the task has fallen to them to preserve and protect its architectural and natural beauty.