Cwrt Plas yn Dre
Milford Road, Newtown, Powys, SY16 2EQ
Cwrt Plas yn Dre is reputedly one of the two Parliament Houses of Owain Glyndwr’s – the last and only native Welsh Prince – built in the 1400’s listed as of National Importance at Grade 2*. It is the size of a Chapel.
It was in the centre of Dollgellau until dismantled, transported and re erected by Sir Pryce Jones on the edge of parkland in his Newtown estate in 1885. In more recent years it was used by the quakers as a Meeting House and is still known by many as the Friends Meeting House.
It is a very early example of a building being dismantled and rebuilt a process which we are ow more familiar with at centres such as St Fagans , the Weald and Downland and more locally Blists Hill at Iron Bridge.
It has been restored over the last 10 years and furnished in a Welsh Tudor Style