Holker Hall prepares to re-open!
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for as we announce that from Wednesday 17th June, Holker Gardens will once again be open in accordance with guidance provided by Government and Cumbria Tourism!
From Wednesday 17th June, our wonderful visitors will be able to access the Gardens here at Holker although disappointingly, the Hall itself will remain closed for the time being. Tickets are available on our website and we ask that where possible, you book these in advance of your visit. Tickets are timed on arrival for redemption at the kiosk to ensure everyone can enjoy the wonders of our gardens whilst maintaining appropriate self-distancing measures.
During your visit, the gardens will present themselves in a most unusual and unique condition due to a number of factors including the sustained hot weather over recent months and the focus by our Head Gardener Glyn and his team to preserve and protect our national treasures. It seems only fitting to finally be able to celebrate our 70th anniversary of opening the gates to the public by showing off the gardens in such an exceptional way.
Alongside our gardens there will be a simple take-away service available from our café offering hot & cold drinks, our famous home-made scones, a selection of tray bakes and freshly made sandwiches. Everything will be served in bio-degradable disposables so you can enjoy our delicacies right across the grounds.
We are also delighted to announce that our Gift Shop will be opening from Wednesday 17th June. Our shelves are fit to bursting and we are sure you will find a wonderful pick me up whilst you’re here with us.
Please rest assured that we are taking every precaution to ensure both the safety of you and of our staff. Before we open the gates we will have:
- Deep cleaned each open area
- Installed helpful and happy signage around to assist movement
- Clearly placed distancing markers around where needed
- Fixed hand washing and/or hand sanitizer stations around the site
- Provided our staff members with the appropriate PPE
- Enable timed tickets on our website (the time slot refers to entry to the gardens)
- Moved to contactless/card payments only
- Reviewed and enhanced our cleaning regime across the site
In return, we need some support from you:
- Please stick to the 2 metre social distancing guidance throughout your visit
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after using the facilities
- Make use of the hand wash and hand sanitizer stations across the site.
- Please be kind to our staff members
This is a new experience for us all and we cant wait to throw open the gates and welcome you to Holker. We will do our upmost to ensure you have the most enjoyable visit with us whilst maintaining everyone’s safety. Please bear with us if there are a few teething problems!
And finally, to show our appreciation to all of our Season Ticket Holders, we would love to welcome you to a private open day on Sunday 14th June, ahead of the grand re-opening. The gardens will be open along with our take-away service in the café and we would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for standing by us during these difficult times.