COVID-19: Update from Castle Howard
We would like to reassure our visitors that we are adhering to the guidelines issued by the British Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service regarding Coronavirus.
Castle Howard’s Gardens and Adventure Playground remain open daily. Even on a busy day here at Castle Howard, visitors find themselves spread out across the 1000 acre site, meaning the risk of transmitting any infection is low. However, please be advised the House itself will not be opening as planned on 21st March until further notice. We will continue to welcome visitors to the great outdoors.
From Monday 23rd March: The Farm Shop and Garden Centre will remain open and we are stocking these regularly. There’ll be a take away catering service operating so that you can pick up supplies to eat on our outside seating or as a picnic. The Carriage House Gift Shop will be closed until further notice.
As we continue to welcome visitors and members to the great outdoors please be advised that we will be a cashless site from Saturday 21st March, so if you are paying for admission, for refreshments and supplies from the Farm Shop we’ll be asking you to pay by card or mobile device. If you are visiting the grounds we would encourage you to prebook your ticket online. Thank you for your co-operation.
What are we doing here at Castle Howard to minimise the potential spread of infection?
In order to ensure both our staff and our visitors are safeguarded as much as possible against the spread of infection we are putting in a number of additional measures across the attraction:
- In all of the toilets you will find anti-bacterial soap and we would encourage everyone to wash their hands upon arrival, departure and before eating.
- When you arrive at our Ticket Office, you’ll be asked to respect social distancing guidelines and not over crowd the area.
- As we continue to welcome visitors and members to the great outdoors at Castle Howard please be advised that we will be a cashless site from Saturday 21st March, so if you are paying for admission, for refreshments and supplies from the Farm Shop we’ll be asking you to pay by card or mobile device. If you are visiting the grounds we would encourage you to prebook your ticket online. We have a self scanning device set up in the Ticket Office for our members to scan their own cards to gain entry.
- For our staff who have contact with cash, tills and items that are handed between customers and themselves, we have provided anti-bacterial gel and have encouraged our teams to regularly sanitise their hands in between transactions. Where possible we’ll also have hand sanitiser for public use.
- We have introduced additional cleaning to our already comprehensive routines, with particular focus on key areas such as door handles, hand rails, toilets, etc.
- Please note the Kelly Car and Boat will not be running at this current time.
- In the event of a first aid incident on site, our trained first aiders will respond wearing the recommended personal protection equipment of gloves and a face mask.
- We have placed bins in our cafes and we are asking visitors to kindly dispose of their used napkins in these bins at the end of their visit.
- We have cancelled non-essential business travel and meetings for our own staff and are encouraging social distancing amongst our teams in the workplace.
- All of our events for the 2020 season are being reviewed at this stage and we’d ask you to check the website or sign up to our e-newsletter to receive any further updates.
In line with Government guidance, if you have a temperature, or new continuous cough, please postpone your visit to Castle Howard, and stay at home for seven days. Please also ensure that you practise good hand hygiene, following guidelines on how to avoid the virus, details of which can be found here on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
If you have already booked tickets and would like to postpone your visit, please email email@example.com. We want to welcome our visitors, with the reassurance that we have your health in mind, so you can enjoy your day with friends and family at Castle Howard.
We will continue to monitor this developing situation, and share updates as soon as they are available.