Borde Hill Garden: reopening on Fri 29 May
Following the latest government advice, we’re looking forward to welcoming pre-booked visitors back to the Garden from 29 May. This is an ideal opportunity to get out into the fresh air and to experience the beauty of the Rose and Italian Gardens in bloom, along with the many flowering trees and shrubs located around the Garden.
To ensure your safety we’ve reduced the number of people who can enter at any one time and have introduced an online booking system to help manage social distancing throughout the day. We’re sorry but those arriving without a pre-booked ticket, including our valued Friends, will not be admitted to the Garden.
How to book
Our booking system includes options for Friends to reserve a timeslot, as well as those wishing to purchase day tickets, Historic Houses Members, Gardeners’ World 2For1 and Sussex Prairie Members. You will need to show your membership card on arrival. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Tesco Clubcard vouchers at this time.
When you book, you’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit. Due to limited spaces, booking slots will be released one week in advance to allow others a chance to visit the Garden.
What to expect when you visit
To help keep our visitors safe, we’ve introduced some additional changes to offer extra reassurance including:
• The Gardener’s Retreat Café will be open from Monday 1 June on a takeaway basis only, serving drinks, cakes and a limited lunch offer. Payment is by contactless card only, with visitors asked to practise social distancing when queuing. Café seating is mainly outdoors and will be spread further apart.
• The Adventure Playground will remain closed until government guidelines change.
• Plant Sales will be open, however visitors will not be able to buy gifts from the Shop until after 15 June.
• A separate visitor entrance and exit.
• A one way route around the Garden to help ensure social distancing on some of the narrower pathways.
• Additional hand-sanitisers for visitors to use on site.
• Contactless card payments only
• Additional cleaning to our usual routines
• Wheelchairs are no longer available for visitors to borrow.
You're welcome to bring your own picnic and blanket, or use one of the many benches located around the Garden or the picnic tables on the Azalea Ring. Please only use the picnic tables near the Gardeners Retreat if you are a customer of their take-away service.
We respectfully ask that you do not visit the Garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms, and that you postpone your visit until you are feeling better.