Reopening the Hall and Stables at Burton Constable
Burton Constable Hall, in East Yorkshire hav announced that they will be re-opening significantly more portions of the estate from Saturday 4 July following the latest Government announcements easing restrictions.
"The grounds have been open a few weeks now and as of Saturday (4th July) we will be reopening our Hall. Some of the highlights you may want to share are listed below.
- Covid-19 – We have secured the ‘We’re Good To Go’ kitemark in partnership with The National Tourist Organisations. This demonstrates that our business and facilities have followed government & industry guidelines ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- Ticketing – It’s encouraged to book a ticket via our website before visiting. This will help us control numbers and traffic as well as cooperate with government ‘track and trace’ policies. Tickets can be purchased for Grounds & Stables or Hall, Grounds & Stables. Our Friends Annual Passes offer great value for money as well as helping us to preserve the Foundation. Visitors can come to use the tea room (Stables Kitchen) but must purchase a ticket to continue any further.
- Grounds – Open daily 10am-5pm with over 300 acres of outdoor parkland & gardens to explore full of nature and wildlife. Access to most walks & trails are available including family favourites such as the Wildlife Sculpture Trail. Scenic settings for a picnic & a tranquil environment to relax. In terms of well-being during this difficult time, we have the perfect place to escape into.
- Hall – Open Tue-Sun 1-4pm. The Constable family home for over 700 years offers many historic collections, grand rooms crammed with fine and decorative art and will be yours to explore in almost isolation as we manage each group through in timed intervals.
- Stable Blocks – With the likes of Constable Moby, the Carriage House Art Exhibition, Blacksmiths and Tack Rooms our stables offer plenty to keep you entertained.
- Stables Kitchen – As of the 4th July, we will have both indoor and outdoor socially distanced seating available to enjoy food and refreshments. Currently, there is a take-away menu with traditional favourites such as sandwiches, cakes and ice creams.
- Toilets – Our toilets are open with guidance and systems in place."
For more information visit: https://www.burtonconstable.com/DB/news/welcome-back