Please note: This house does not offer free entry to Historic House members.
For alternative options please see other opening options.

Other opening

Overview

Ty Mawr is a Grade II* listed Manor House. The original medieval house dates to the 15th century with sections of castellated wall and arch remaining.

It was largely re-modelled in 1820 in the Strawberry Gothic style and has fine Gothic plaster work and a full depth hallway with a ribbed vaulted ceiling.

The service buildings to the main house have been converted into 5 luxury self-catering cottages. Situated in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park.Ty Mawr is just 5 minutes off the A40 and within easy reach of the market towns of Brecon, Hay on Wye and Crickhowell.


Find Us
Find us

Situated just 10 minutes from the market town of Brecon in Powys and 5 minutes off the A40.

Nearest train station:Abergavenny and then the 42 Bus from Abergavenny to Llanfrynach (53 minutes)

  • Offers bike storage
Group Visits
Group Visits

Groups are welcome to visit the house and garden by prior arrangement. 

Peter Davies

enquiries@tymawrcollection.co.uk

01874 665 414

Please check the website for further information, admission times and details for our special events

Visit website

Find Us
Find us

Situated just 10 minutes from the market town of Brecon in Powys and 5 minutes off the A40.

Nearest train station:Abergavenny and then the 42 Bus from Abergavenny to Llanfrynach (53 minutes)

  • Offers bike storage
Group Visits
Group Visits

Groups are welcome to visit the house and garden by prior arrangement. 

Peter Davies

enquiries@tymawrcollection.co.uk

01874 665 414

Other opening


Fun Facts

Charles Clifton who commissioned the re-modelling in 1820 was a friend of John Nash and whilst it cannot be attributed to Nash it was very heavily influenced by him and the house has a strong Regency Gothic Flavour.