One of the finest Grade 1 listed private houses in Nottinghamshire.
Built by Frederick Montague, one of the last 'chancellors of the exchequer' before William Pitt, in 1781.
Outstanding design, including fine 'Adam' ceiling, cantilevered staircase and Horace Walpole designed plantation/parkland.
First, third and fifth Wednesdays of every month, 2pm to 5pm. Also by appointment.
Take B683 out of north end of Papplewick village.
Entrance is through large stone gates where 'Main Street' ends and 'Blidworth Waye' begins, by grass traffic island to the left side of sharp right hand bend.
Take the train or tram from Nottingham to Hucknall. Take 141 bus from outside Tescos to Papplewick; go through Papplewick village, and alight just before Hall Lane/Blidworth Waye.
- Offers bike storage
Car park on site
A2B Cars 0115 956 5757
Historic Houses members visit for free.
£5 for non-members.
- Accessible parking
- Guide dogs welcome
Groups are welcome.
Over 10 people: £4 per person.