Historic Houses' members visit free. Interested in joining? Find out more.

Overview

Morland House was originally a Tudor vicarage with an 18th-century front. After the house was purchased by the Markham family in 1871, it was much enlarged in a Tudor style.

The four acre Victorian garden, set around Morland Beck, is open free of charge daily to Historic Houses members. It includes waterfalls, bridges, stepping stones, a quarry garden, an orchard, a rose garden, yew avenues and a beck walk. 


Today
Today’s opening hours

Gardens only: Every day, all year, 10am to 5pm.

Occasionally closed for private functions.

Opening
Opening

2019

Gardens only: Every day, all year, 10am to 5pm.

Occasionally closed for private functions.

Find Us
Find us

Morland House is in Morland village at the junction of three roads. 

Morland is at the centre of a triangle made by Penrith (8 miles), Appleby (7 miles) and Shap (7 miles). It is in Cumbria’s Eden Valley which divides the Lake District from the Pennines. The gently rolling valley countryside is ideal for walking and cycling with frequent views of the mountains on either side.

Find directions here.

Parking

Car park on site

  • Free