Originally the manor house of Great Harwood, Martholme is a stone medieval house.
Martholme has a timber framed kitchen range (stone clad 1577), Elizabethan gatehouse, walled outer courtyard and dry moat.
Martholme is referred to several times in Gerards Herbal as John Gerard was a visitor to the house.
Martholme is a much loved family home and tours are given by members of the family.
1st - 7th May.
1st - 7th June.
1st - 7th August.
1st - 7th September.
Tours at 2pm and 4pm.
Entry for guided tours only.
2m NE of Great Harwood, access off the A680 Accrington to Whalley road, turn down Martholme Lane.
Hyndburn Connect bus from Blackburn (No 6 bus) or Accrington (No 7 bus). Alight by Harwood New Road (Harwood Bar). From the bus stop walk North along the A680 (Whalley Road) turn right into Martholme Lane and walk down to the bottom of the lane (total walk less than one mile).
Car park on site
Bettys taxis 01254 888888
Historic Houses members visit for free unless part of a group booking.
Children under 16 (max 2): free if accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair ramps/routes
- Guide dogs welcome
Open for group bookings by appointment on non-open days throughout the year (minimum group number 6).
Please contact us for more information.