Dalmeny House was completed in 1817 and sits in rolling parkland to the West of Edinburgh. With spectacular views overlooking the Firth of Forth, the house is home to The 7th Earl and Countess of Rosebery.
Although very much a family home, the house is open to the public for viewings and corporate events.
The inspired architecture of the house will fascinate some. Others will be enticed by the extraordinary collection of antique furniture, artworks and curious objects.
Dalmeny House will open to visitors during the months of June & July from Sundays to Wednesdays.
Opening hours 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
Entry is by Guided Tour only, tours are at 2.15pm and 3.30pm.
N.B. Satnav devices don't recognise our postcode so please don't rely on them to find the house.
Dalmeny is just to the west of Edinburgh and is signposted off the A90 Forth Bridge Road.
When coming via the Edinburgh Bypass, continue to the roundabout at its end and then follow signs for "Edinburgh North" until they reach the A90.
From other directions, follow the signs for the Forth Bridge, South Queensferry and then Dalmeny.
The House is 2 miles from Dalmeny train station and 5 miles from Edinburgh Airport.
Car park on site
Historic Houses members visit for free.
Child: (10-16): £6.50
- Accessible parking
- Accessible toilets
Groups (20+ by appointment only): £9.00