Cotesbach Estate today is what remains of the property bought by the Marriott family in 1759. The Estate is made up of a collection of historic buildings including Cotesbach Hall, The Manor, The Stable Yard and a walled kitchen garden.
Just south of The Stable Yard lies the arable & ancient ridge and furrow which is surrounded by a strip of woodland.
250 years after the Marriotts first made Cotesbach their home, we are gradually restoring the buildings, creating spaces which are sustainable, useful and relevant to our 21st-century world.
We recognise the importance of the rural heritage of each one of these buildings and the land surrounding them. We endeavor to make the Estate accessible to all - providing opportunities, evoking creativity and most importantly sharing our space.
Off A426 Lutterworth to Rugby Road, under 2 miles from M1 J20 and M6 J1.
Take a taxi from Rugby station.
Rugby taxis 07828 488506
Free tours on Heritage Open Days; special tours by arrangement.
A word from the owner
We have hundreds of stories to tell, whether in the archive or from recent years. Come and visit our special house.
In 1607 Cotesbach was the site of a 5,000 strong peasant revolt protesting against Enclosures. This event is pivotal in understanding how market forces have shaped our landscape. 25 acres of ridge and furrow still survive from the pre-1607 era when peasants had access to common land.