- Sleeps capacity
- Number of rooms
- Free parking
- Mostly wheelchair accessible
- No smoking
- Open fire
- Pet friendly
This Georgian house is the perfect venue to relax and unwind with family and friends. Come and be inspired by the same panoramas that inspired the likes of Wordsworth and Ruskin.
It is fully furnished with all the modern luxuries but holds true to its period character. Light and spacious reception rooms together with 8 elegant en-suite bedrooms ensure guests experience the Lake District at its very best.
Silverholme Manor includes use of the Coach House, which can be set up as a play area for the children, a second dining room, a venue for private house parties and corporate events.
For large group holidays of more than 18, please get in touch and we will tailor a package to you.
Become a Historic Houses member
Explore the nation’s heritage from just £65 per year.
Hundreds of the most beautiful historic houses, castles, and gardens across Britain offer our members free entry.
Also: receive a quarterly magazine, enjoy monthly online lectures, get exclusive invitations to buy tickets for behind-the-scenes tours, and take up a range of special offers on holidays, books, and other products you might like.
Graythwaite, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 8AZ
Fast direct railway connections from London Euston to Oxenholme Lake District, in as little as 2 hours 40 minutes. Manchester International Airport by car is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hours 20 minutes from Newcastle Airport
Directions by car:
If using Sat Nav use postcode LA12 8AZ.
From the South/ M6
• Leave the M6 at junction 36 and join the A591 to Kendal Barrow and the Lakes
• After approximately 4 miles you will see a sign for Barrow A590, leave at this slip road and
stay on the A590 following signs to Barrow.
• After approximately 10 miles you will enter Newby Bridge. Go straight across at the
roundabout and after 400m take the next right turn over the hump-back bridge towards the
• Follow signs to the Lakeside Hotel and stay on this road for about 4 miles. You will pass the
Lakeside Hotel on the right, having passed the Lakeside Hotel you will pass two signs for a
YMCA camp on your right-hand side.
• After the second YMCA sign you should proceed for a further mile until you see a sign for
Low Graythwaite Hall on the left and Silverholme on the right.
• Turn right by the sign saying ‘Silverholme’ turn and drive down a short windy road and you
will see the manor ahead.
• If you have any problems accessing the property, please call the following emergency
number: 015395 31248.
From the North/Ambleside
• From Ambleside, take the A593 Coniston Road.
• Shortly after leaving the town, turn right on to the B5286 signposted for Hawkshead.
• On approach to Hawkshead from Ambleside, follow the road around the village and then turn
right at the T-junction.
• Follow this road, passing Esthwaite Water on your left. Towards the end of the lake, you will
pass Esthwaite Fishery also on your left.
• Carry on straight ahead passing Graythwaite Sawmill and you will come to the entrance to
Graythwaite Hall on your right and a left turn to Cunsey and the Ferry.
• Carry on a further 100 metres and you will see a left turn next to a closed set of formal gates
labelled ‘Hullet Hall’ continue past for approximately 200 metres and on your left you will see an entrance sign-posted ‘Silverholme’. Turn into here and follow the short road down to the manor.
• If you have any problems accessing the property, please call the following emergency number: 015395 31248.