Gardener at West Wratting Park House, Cambs
Trustees of the R.E.N d’Abo West Wratting Settlement Trust
A private estate in Cambridgeshire requires a full time Gardener who needs to be a hardworking, flexible individual required to tend extensive grounds of a large country house. The gardens including walled kitchen garden exotic glasshouse plants, rose garden, herbaceous borders, woodland walks etc.
Duties will include:
· Lawn maintenance: fertilising, weed killing, mowing and rough grass cutting.
· Low level tree work, hedge maintenance, gravel drive/terrace maintenance, shrub and rose pruning, general weeding, and border edging.
· Experience of working with herbaceous, house plants and orchid and rose collections.
· Experience in using large ride on mowers/small tractors and chain saws (with appropriate certification) would be a distinct advantage. Ability to carry out small maintenance to machinery i.e. changing blades on lawn mower.
· Experience of working and running a productive garden, knowledge of pruning and maintenance of top fruit and soft fruit as well as the growth of vegetables for use by the family.
· An eye for detail for the formal gardens, working with the family to achieve the end result.
· The ability to manage all ordering and re-stocking as when required is key.
· Creating flower arrangements in the house when required.
· Swimming pool maintenance including chemical balancing, and pool cleaning.
Gardener will be supported 3 days a week from March – October by another grounds person who will help with mowing lawn and the long and the short grass.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified enthusiastic gardeners with relevant horticultural qualifications.
Enthusiasm, versatility, and self-motivation are also needed, together with a willingness to support other team members as required.
Salary to be negotiated on experience.
Full clean driving license.
Salary £25,000+ with accommodation, depending on experience and knowledge. Accommodation is located within a short walk from the garden.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.